Gluten Free Pumpkin Biscuits
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Biscuits come together quickly and are made using a mix of almond flour and coconut flour. They can be made in under 30 minutes, and are perfect on their own served with a meal or as a dessert. We’ve included options to make them either sweet or savory.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Biscuits
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Biscuits are a classic recipe here at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen since around 2014! We love them because they can be made as a sweet version, that is more like a scone, or a savory version that is perfect for serving with dinner. They are also equally great as a shortcake, a cobbler, or on top of a soup. Did we mention they are easy to make, too?
Here is what you need to make them:
- Almond Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Cinnamon (omit for savory)
- Fine Sea Salt
- Pumpkin Puree
- Honey (omit for savory)
How to Make These Pumpkin Biscuits
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Rub the butter into the dry mix until it is completely combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin, honey and egg and add it to the flour mixture.
- Drop biscuits on a sheet tray and bake!
Savory or Sweet
Follow the recipe as written to make this sweet. To make them savory, omit the cinnamon and honey and follow the rest of the ingredients and directions.
If you like this gluten free baking recipe, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Biscuits
- The BEST Paleo Bread (5-Ingredients and One Bowl)
- How to Make a Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- The Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust
If you like this pumpkin recipe, check out these others:
- Cranberry Pumpkin Crumble Muffins
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Sea Salt Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and using your hands rub the butter into the mix until it is completely combined, with no visable pieces of butter remaining.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, honey, and egg. Pour it into the butter and flour mixture and combine until a smooth dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 6 balls, each about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden and crusty all around and firm to the touch, with no soft dough remaining in the center.
- Want to make it savory? Omit the cinnamon and honey.
- Look for our classic biscuit recipe? Click here.
November 12, 2014
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!