Slow Cooker Mulled Cider with Caramel Pecan Rim
Slow Cooker Mulled Cider with a Caramel Pecan Rim will be the hit of your parties or dinner parties all Fall and Winter long! The combination of the caramel and nutty pecans with the warming cider is perfection, and made with no added sugar.. Have it without any alcohol, or spike it as desired with your favorite liquor! Made in partnership with the American Pecan Council!
No sugar added, simple to make, and definitely a new go-to drink when entertaining for the holidays! I put this out and let everyone add in their favorite alcohol: caramel vodka, brandy, bourbon, or wine!
If you love the combination of cinnamon + warm apple cider + a touch of cranberries, this is definitely a must-try! The best part? All you have to do is toss everything in a slow cooker and BOOM. Mulled cider perfection.
Get creative with this recipe for holiday entertaining by creating an individual spiked cider bar! Simply place liquor such as bourbon, red wine, or rum next to the slow cooker and let friends or family create their own spiked mulled cider beverage!
I’m back with another fabulous recipe in partnership with my friends at the American Pecan Council! Pecans are my favorite nut! They are lower in carbs and higher in fiber compared to many other nuts, and they’re a “good” source of monounsaturated fat, including the beneficial oleic acid that’s found in olive oil! A handful of pecans (about 19 halves) is a good source of fiber, thiamin, and zinc, and an excellent source of copper and manganese – a mineral that’s essential for metabolism and bone health. Plus, they have that yummy, buttery flavor! I love using pecan pieces to make my life easier during the chopping of them!
Slow Cooker Mulled Cider with Pecan Rim
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Mulled Cider Ingredients:
- 1.5 liters of fresh apple cider
- 4 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks, or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 orange thinly sliced, used half of the slices on serving glasses and 1/2 of the slices for the mulled cider
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1-inch knob of ginger, skin removed
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Pecan Caramel Rim:
- 1 cup coconut milk, only the cream used
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped or ground
Add-In Alcohol Options:
- Bourbon, 2 ounces per glass
- Dark rum, 2 ounces per glass
- White wine, to taste
- Caramel Vodka or Regular Vodka, 2 ounces per glass
1. Place all mulled cider ingredients into a slow cooker. Set on low for 4 hours.
2. While cider cooks, make a batch of caramel. Place coconut milk, vanilla, butter and sea salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low and let simmer, whisking often, for about 30 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Take off heat and let cool. Store in the refrigerator until the mulled cider is ready.
3. Pour caramel onto a small, shallow plate.
4. On a separate shallow plate, place crushed pecans.
5. Dip your glass of choice in the caramel until the entire rim is well covered. Dip the caramel rim into the pecan mixture. Pour mulled cider into glasses and spike your drink with the desired alcohol if using, then stir and enjoy!
- Storage: Leftover cider can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Make It On The Stovetop: Simmer the mulled cider ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat. Cover and let simmer for about 1 hour. Make sure that the cider stays at a low simmer, if it comes to a boil, the cider can separate!
For more information, visit the American Pecan Council’s website! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
September 25, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!