Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/tomato-artichoke-stuffed-chicken/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ¼ cup parmesan (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix together garlic, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese to a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on steady flat surface. We recommend pounding out the chicken to an even thickness by place the chicken between two sheets of parchment or plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each to an even thickness. This is an optional step, however!
- Place your hand on top of the chicken breast and using a sharp knife, slice through the chicken horizontally, stopping about ½ an inch from the end. Open up the chicken breast so they are flat and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into quarters and place it directly in the middle of the chicken. Fold the chicken back together and secure closed with toothpicks.
- Bake in the middle rack until the chicken is nearly finished cooking through, to 160ºF, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and loosely cover the chicken with aluminum foil to let it rest for 5-10 minutes while it finishes cooking.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sides.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.