Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/turmeric-chicken-and-rice/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
One Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice
This One Pot Turmeric Chicken and Rice is a hearty, warm and comforting weeknight dinner option! It's full of veggies and uses both fresh and dried turmeric! It is dairy-free and gluten-free and is bound to be a new family favorite!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-2 inch pieces fresh turmeric (about 2 tablespoon)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric dried
- 2-½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Cilantro and lemon wedges, for garnish
- Heat a 12” heavy bottomed high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and chicken and cook until beginning to brown 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and carrots and cook until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add fresh turmeric, garlic and all spices and toast for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and scrap up any browned bits. Add rice, cauliflower and the chicken and stir to combine. Make sure the mixture is spread evenly in the pan and the veggies and chicken are pushed into the liquid as much as possible.
- Let mixture come up to a boil, then cover with a tight fitting lid, and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Shut off heat, quickly remove the cover and sprinkle ½ cup peas over the top. Close the lid and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork garnish with cilantro and a sprinkle of lemon juice
Notes: The cooking times can vary with this recipe depending on the brand of rice you use, how high your heat is on your stove and how heavy your pot is. Check to make sure the rice is fully cooked after the directed cooking time. If it is slightly undercooked, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.