This recipe is one of my most popular paleo recipes for good reason! They are the ultimate paleo sandwich rolls that everyone will love. They are guten-free, grain-free, fluffy, sliceable, and TOTALLY BREAD-LIKE. The best texture! Plus, they are simple to prepare!
I’ve been thinking about bringing paleo-friendly bread and rolls to LCK for some time now. But I knew before I did that I needed to make sure they fit specific criteria. They need the right flavor and fluffy, soft, air-y, bread-like texture. You see, I’ve never bothered buying gluten-free breads in the store. I never thought it was worth it because I always felt they were dense, not the right flavor, etc.
My ‘Everything Bagel’ Cauliflower Rolls are a huge hit around the web. But let’s be real, just like cauliflower pizza crusts, they are still cauliflower. They can’t really taste like pizza (or bread). So I bring you: The Ultimate Paleo Sandwich Rolls. Trust me.
Can you see that texture? Easy, breezy sandwich rolls. Trust me!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and dash of sea salt.
- Add in eggs and apple sauce and mix to combine.
- Place round molds or large mason jar lids on a baking sheet and grease well.
- Pour batter into molds until almost at the top, a little less.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean*
- Let cool slightly, slice in half, and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- *Baking time might vary slightly based on how thin or thick you make your rolls
- I use round molds or mason jar lids, and it yields 4 fluffy sandwich rolls. See the comments for how readers have adapted!
- Updated 2/2017. I used to add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or palm shortening but don't find it necessary for the texture so it has been removed.
- For 1 roll:Calories: 167Total Carbohydrate 17.3gSugars 2gProtein 5.9g
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!