I’ve been thinking about bringing paleo-friendly bread and rolls to LCK for some time now. But I knew before I did that I needed to make sure they fit specific criteria. They need the right flavor and fluffy, soft, air-y, bread-like texture. You see, I’ve never bothered buying gluten-free breads in the store. I never thought it was worth it because I always felt they were dense, not the right flavor, etc.
My ‘Everything Bagel’ Cauliflower Rolls are a huge hit around the web. But let’s be real, just like cauliflower pizza crusts, they are still cauliflower. They can’t really taste like pizza (or bread). So I bring you: The Ultimate Paleo Sandwich Rolls. Trust me.
These are so real bread it’s not even funny!
Paleo Sandwich Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and dash of sea salt.
- Add in eggs and apple sauce and mix to combine.
- Place round molds on a baking sheet and grease.
- Pour batter into molds until almost at the top, a little less.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean*
- Let cool slightly, slice in half, and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- *Baking time might vary slightly based on how thin or thick you make your rolls
- I have only made them with my round molds, and it yields 4 fluffy sandwich rolls. See the comments for how readers have adapted!
- Updated 2/2017. I used to add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or palm shortening but don't find it necessary for the texture.