What is better than easy french toast sticks for a weekend brunch or breakfast treat? Everything is more fun when you’re dipping it into syrup, am I right? No seriously, dipping is just way more fun. These french toast sticks are the real deal. They use my sandwich bread recipe, which is a reader favorite, and the perfect french toast batter- like the kind my mom used to make, but guilt-free!
French Toast Sticks (Paleo)
These are… just the right amount of sweet, perfect bread texture, and reminiscent of your favorite childhood breakfast. Dip and devour! Don’t forget to freeze some for later, so you have an easy on-the-go breakfast the following week!
Don’t forget, if you’re hosting a brunch for Mother’s Day, here’s my handy guide!
- 1 batch Paleo Sandwich Bread, using a greased mini loaf pan or an 8x8 pan*
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, cashew, or almond)
- 1/4 cup syrup, for serving
- 2 tbsp organic powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make batch of bread following directions on this recipe.
- Slice bread into strips.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk.
- Dip bread into the mixture covering each side of the bread, repeat until all sticks are coated.
- Heat butter in a skillet and place coated bread pieces into the pan for 2 minutes.
- Flip, and cook for another 2-4 minutes on the other side.
- Remove and serve with syrup!
I was selected by American Express to contribue to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your all-time favorite breakfast that you no longer eat?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!