I’m really feeling the warm weather this week here in Boston. It felt like this Winter was extra long this year, so the new warmth has me in the best mood. We officially set up the backyard, the chairs and hammock are out, the BBQ is ready in full-force, and nighttime walks with pup are back in action.
Along with all things Spring, my side dishes are switching up to my favorite light dishes that require no cooking! Today for Healthy Food Friday with American Express let’s talk about my favorite slaw. It is perfect as a BBQ side, a taco topping, or just plain! Add some shredded chicken to make it a protein-packed bite.
- 2 cups spiralized or shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cups spiralized zucchini
- 2 cups spiralized yellow squash
- 5 strips nitrate-free bacon, cooked crispy
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp homemade mayo or your favorite store-bought mayo*
- 2 tbsp sriracha, more as desired
- Pinch of cayenne pepper + 1 tsp chipotle spice
- Optional: 2 cups shredded chicken
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your favorite no-cooking required side dish?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!