How To Make Easy Shredded Chicken (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
This slow cooker shredded chicken is an all-purpose recipe that goes with just about anything and is made easy in the crock pot! The slow cooker is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, especially if you have a busy schedule.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
This basic all-purpose chicken recipe is great because you can turn it into so many things. From shredded buffalo chicken lettuce wraps to chicken soup, chicken salad, and shredded chicken tacos, this easy recipe is so simple and always delicious!
What is the best way to shred chicken?
- Shred chicken with two forks!
How do you shred chicken with a mixer?
- Place fully cooked chicken breasts into the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Make sure your chicken is still warm. With your paddle attachment connected and chicken inside the mixer, turn it onto low until shredded!
Like this recipe? Try these other slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Thai Curry Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggie Dinner
- Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
How do you make shredded chicken?
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total Time: 20 minute
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1.5 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- Dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1⅓ to 1½ pounds) in the insert of a slow cooker. Pour enough chicken broth over the chicken to cover, about 1 cup.
- Add garlic, diced onion, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- If you don’t have leftover cooked chicken on hand to make this recipe, buying an organic rotisserie chicken from the market is the most convenient solution. Almost as convenient, and what I do most often, is to throw some chicken breasts in the slow cooker. It’s easy, economical, and you control the ingredients.
- Makes about 3 cups shredded cooked chicken.
- Stovetop Directions: Place chicken breasts into a pot and pour in enough water to cover the chicken. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and simmer until chicken meat is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a bowl, allow to cool slightly, and shred the chicken meat with 2 forks!
June 2, 2013
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!