Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/caramel-turtle-cups/
© 2014 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Homemade Chocolate Turtles
These Caramel Turtle Cups are the ultimate cleaned up homemade candy treat, that's delicious and easy. It uses our homemade Caramel and is perfect to have on hand in the fridge or freezer for when you want something sweet!
- 1/2 cup vegan caramel, prepared and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped finely
- 12 whole pecans, for garnish
- Place parchment paper or silicone muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Melt chocolate using the double-boiler method: Bring a small saucepan of water to a simmer and place a heatproof bowl over the top. Make sure the simmering water isn't touching the bowl. Add the chocolate and the coconut oil to the bowl and slowly melt and stir the chocolate, whisking together at the end. Alternatively you could melt the chocolate in the microwave at 20 second intervals, whisking in between until it's fully melted.
- In a small bowl combine cooled caramel and pecans and mix together.
- Place 2 teaspoons of chocolate into each of the molds with a spoon and gently push the chocolate 1/3 of the way up the sides of the parchment paper. Place in the freezer to harden for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and drop in about 1 tablespoon of caramel mixture into the center of the chocolate and smooth down.
- Top the caramel with 2 teaspoons melted chocolate and let sit for a few minutes before topping with whole pecan.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.