Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/chunky-strawberry-chia-seed-jam/
© 2013 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Chia Jam
This Strawberry Chia Seed Jam is the perfect jam made with no pectin! It's healthy, easy to prepare, kid-friendly, and so delicious. It's also vegan and paleo friendly!
- 5 cups organic strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and cut
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a pot add strawberries, sweetener and lemon juice. Let sit for a 5 minutes to macerate.
- Turn on heat to medium and let the mixture come to a simmer, gently mash down the berries. Let cook on a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chia seeds, stir and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking.
- Once thick, remove from heat, let cool and store in air-tight containers for up to one week.
Loading nutrition data...