Cranberry Orange Scones
These Cranberry Orange Scones are the perfect holiday treat to wake up to! They are bursting with fresh cranberries and refreshing hints of orange zest. Plus, they are gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free!
Life has been busy, you guys!
But in the best way possible. I’ve been cranking out recipes for my cookbook with a messy routine of testing and writing, testing and writing. Then cleaning. If only my dishes would magically do themselves! On top of that, I’ve been bringing you new recipes, infographics, posts on favorite household products and the importance of sleep, exclusive email newsletter content, and so much more. I also have some fun projects planned for 2016, like weekly dinner meal plans and shopping guides all of January! So STAY TUNED!
Next week we are heading to New York (where I’m from) for some good old time with family and friends. I hope you have some awesome holiday plans, and if you’re cooking, I got you covered!
But first, scones.Print
Cranberry Orange Scones
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey*
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well until dough-like consistency
- Fold in cranberries and orange zest
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on lined baking sheet
- Flatten lightly into a flat circle
- *Optional: Sprinkle with organic sugar crystals
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut into pizza-like slices, separating slightly but leave in round circle
- Bake for 20 minutes, then separate scones so there is about 1 to 2 inch space in between them
- And bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until scones are cooked through
Add additional tablespoon if you like things a bit on the sweeter side
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
What is your holiday morning staple?
December 17, 2015
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!