Creamy Pesto Chicken “Pasta”
If you have been here a while, you know I’m all about the spiralizer these days! I love pasta, so it really is the perfect way to satisfy that pasta craving- BUT WITH VEGGIES. So much yes!
This Creamy Pesto Chicken “Pasta” is flavorful, delicious, full of good-for-you ingredients, and makes the perfect nutritious dinner for your family.
This weekend was kind of relaxed. We laid low and managed to have a fun-filled day of registering *gasps* for our wedding! We binge-watched The Jinx (a new HBO Documentary short series), and I met my girlfriends for brunch yesterday. A nice relaxing weekend for busy week ahead! Cooking for Passover, heading to NY, taking care of wedding stuff, blog work, gym time, and so much more. Busy busy busy. That’s why I need to fuel up with dinners like this.
Protein, good-for-you fats… the works!
Creamy Pesto Chicken
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup walnuts or cashews
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp pink sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh pepper, more to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1-2 drops basil essential oil
- 1-2 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 medium organic zucchinis
- 1 lb. organic chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes
- Basil for garnish
For the pesto
- Using a spiralizer, a mandolin, or a vegetable peeler, shred zucchini into noodles
- In a medium size pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add in zucchini
- Toss for 3-5 minutes, remove once zucchini is warm (not overly soft), and set aside
- Chop chicken into cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in your skillet and add in chicken
- Cook chicken until no longer pink, remove and set aside
- In your high-speed blender or food processor combine all pesto ingredients and blend until smooth, taste and adjust spices as desired (i.e. add more salt, red pepper flakes, or fresh lemon juice)
- Return zucchini noodles to your pan
- Add in pesto, one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired amount*
- Add in chicken and cherry tomatoes
- Toss until combined and then transfer to serving plates
- Garnish with fresh basil, sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and serve hot
- *Depending on the size of your zucchini, this may make a lot more pesto then needed/desired. Start with a little, toss, and add more as desired! Leftover pesto can be tossed with additional shredded chicken for a pesto chicken salad!
- **Can omit cheese for fully dairy-free, but if you tolerate it I highly recommend it!
What is your favorite type of pasta dish? How do you fuel your mind & body for busy weeks?
March 30, 2015
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!