Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/homemade-pumpkin-puree/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Making your own Pumpkin Puree is so easy, and results in some really fresh tasting pumpkin for all the baked goods! We're giving you all the details on how to make it and store it.
- 1 4-6 pound sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- Wash the pumpkin to remove any dirt or grit from the outside of the pumpkin.
- Cut the pumpkin in half. It’s easiest to cut through the middle from the bottom of the pumpkin first that way you cut through the stem on the bottom. If the stem is too big, feel free to cut it off beforehand.
- Scoop out the pumpkin seeds into a bowl, reserve for another use, or discard.
- If desired, lightly season with salt. Place on a baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until fork tender.
- Let cool until safe to handle. Scoop out the tender filling and place in a food processor or high-speed blender and purée for 3-4 minutes until completely smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week or store in freezer for up to 3 months.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.