This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Refreshing, bright, and naturally sweetened, this Strawberry Lemonade with Mint is the drink to have in your hand when the summer sun is high in the sky! Made using fresh mint and real strawberries, this lemonade is perfect for kids and adults alike!
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
This Strawberry Lemonade is ridiculously refreshing on a hot summer day. Made with whole strawberries, fresh squeezed lemon and perfectly sweetened with a mint simple syrup, this drink is simply amazing. While it is perfect on it’s own, it also can go well with a splash of vodka for a fruity and bright adult cocktail, if that’s your thing. It’s pretty simple to make, but does require the extra step of making the mint simple syrup. You could optionally skip this step and just sweeten it with plain honey simple syrup, but we highly recommend the added mint!
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
There will be no packets of dried powder to make this classic summer drink! Making strawberry lemonade couldn’t be simpler. You need to:
- Make the mint simple syrup. Check out the recipe for all the details on how to make it!
- Puree the strawberries and strain them. Straining is optional but is recommended as it makes the final drink a bit more refined.
- Squeeze fresh lemons and strain the juice
- Combine the mint simple syrup, pureed strawberries, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Add 3-4 cups of water. You’ll want to start with 3 cups and taste first, adding in up to 1 cup more of water to adjust to your liking. And only add in 3 cups with plenty of ice cubes if the drink will be sitting around for a period of time, as the ice will melt and water down the drink.
- And of course, you can always adjust the taste at any point to your desired sweetness and acidity! Feel free to add in more syrup, lemon juice or water!
How to Serve Strawberry Lemonade
Serve this drink with ice cubes, a sprig of mint, and some sliced strawberries, if desired. Feel free to get fun and festive with this drink and garnish it as much.
Can this be made ahead of time?
This drink is best consumed the day it is made, but if you wanted to get a jump start on making it ahead of a gathering, you can make and mix together the simple syrup, the strawberry puree and the lemon juice up to 24 hours ahead of time. Add the ice and the water just before serving.
If you like this strawberry recipe, check out these others:
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake (with dairy free whipped cream)
- Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jam (Paleo & Vegan)
Looking for cocktail inspiration, check these out:
- Lemon Honey Vodka Cocktail
- Naturally Sweetened Mint Mojito
- The BEST Margarita Ever!
- Frosé (Frozen Rosé) Slushies
Strawberry Lemonade with Mint
- 2 cups strawberries cleaned and hulled
- 1/2 cup mint simple syrup or more as desired
- ¾ cup lemon juice about 4-6 lemons
- 3-4 cups of fresh water see note
- Puree strawberries in a blender. Strain the strawberries and add them to a large pitcher.
- To the pitcher add the mint simple syrup, lemon juice and 3 cups of water, and ice. Stir together and taste, adding in more water, up to a cup, or more simple syrup as desired.
- Serve with a sprig of mint and slices of strawberry, and enjoy!
- Want to make it a cocktail? Add in some vodka!
- Don't want to make the mint simple syrup? You can skip this step and add in a few tablespoons of honey to the strawberries in the blender.
- We prefer to strain out the strawberries to remove the seeds, but this is totally optional and you can skip the step of straining, if desired.
- Use only 3 cups of water if the lemonade will be sitting for a little while, as the ice will melt and water down the drink.
- This recipe was originally published in 2014, and republished with an updated recipe and photos in 2020.
Could you use basil leaves instead of mint for this recipe? I wasn’t sure that would work well with honey but I love strawberries and basil together!!
I think that would be unique, but good! Let us know how it goes!
Oh that drink sounds & looks delicious!
My favorite way to relax is with a big glass of white wine 😉 But since I’m pregnant my new favorite way is going for a power-walk with my husband or taking a prenatal yoga class.
I was wondering the other day about how to use honey in a drink, like lemonade or sangria without it clumping… genius — blend it with the fruit!!! #thankyou
This looks so incredibly good, love the mint in it!
This sounds delightfully refreshing! Thanks for sharing!