This easy Homemade Guacamole recipe is one everyone should have in their back pocket for taco night, or any old night. My version has 7 ingredients, but really only 3 are absolutely essential. Customize it to your liking and serve, then watch it disappear.
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
When you need a quick, delicious and fresh dip to serve a crowd, this is it! And in our house we do homemade Guacamole on EVERYTHING! Some favorites of ours are having it as an appetizer with veggies and homemade crackers on Football Sunday, sweet potato nachos, huevos rancheros, as a topping on a salad, taco night, taco dip, morning breakfast skillets, sweet potato skins… the list goes on and on. You simply can’t deny the many uses for an easy and delicious homemade guacamole!
It’s creamy, fresh and when done right–absolutely delicious. It’s also super simple to make. You really only need about 3 ingredients, but I’m sharing some of my favorite add-in’s below that make it the best!
Ingredients for Homemade Guac!
This recipe has some of my favorite additions to guacamole but the absolute only essential things in it are the avocados, lime juice and salt. Other than those three, feel free to skip out on the ones you don’t enjoy. I know cilantro can be a touchy subject for some!
- Avocados (they have to be ripe!)
- Red Onion
- Sea Salt and Pepper
Other Optional Additions to Make Good Guacamole
- Fruit: Think mangos or pineapples or papaya! Cut up some sweet but firm fruit and add it in.
- Peppers: Go for the heat with some spicy chili peppers or go for the savory with bell peppers. Dice them up and mix them in. Or go for the smokey and add in some chipotle peppers in adobo! Add in a touch of the adobo and some of the diced chipotles.
- Spices: There are lots of great options out there to make your guacamole a little bit different! Anywhere from cumin to curry powder. Get creative!
- Beans: A natural pairing, for sure! Black beans would be particularly good with guacamole because they are a bit firmer and will add some nice texture. Garbanzo beans would also be interesting, especially when paired with some unique spices.
- Bacon: I never met a dish that wasn’t improved by bacon. Same goes for the guac.
- Sour Cream or Cashew Cream: Guacamole is already pretty creamy by itself, especially if your avocados are really ripe, but adding in a bit of sour cream or cashew cream (to keep it dairy-free) would make it quite rich in a good way!
- Corn: Crunchy fire roasted or grilled corn would be perfect with guacamole.
Looking for more taco night recipes? Check out these!
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out avocado and mash in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!