Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
These dreamy Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers use leftover rice, thinly sliced steak, mushrooms, peppers and of course, cheese. They're a family friendly dinner that will leave everybody happy and are a great dish to prep ahead of time!
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1-½ lb steak, shaved (see note)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (about 4-5)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1-½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup leftover white rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare peppers: Remove the top 1” portion of the pepper, discard the stem and slice any usable pieces from the top portion and set aside. Scrape out the ribs and seeds and discard. Place peppers upright in a baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add oil and sear steak for 5 minutes, stirring until fully cooked through. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sliced onion and peppers, salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile to the bowl add the rice, and ¾ cup cheese. Once done add cooked veggies and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers. Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for bake for 40 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Divide cheese on top of peppers and put under broiler for 3 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Serve immediately or cool completely and store for meal prep.
- If you can’t find shaved steak, you can use another boneless cut of steak like a ribeye, top sirloin or skirt steak. To get thin slices you can briefly freeze the steak, for about 15 minutes or so and slice against the grain.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.