A comfort food classic, this Paleo Sloppy Joes recipe will definitely be a hit with the whole family. This cleaned up version is free from any added sugar, but still full of flavor and perfect to serve on a (paleo) roll with your favorite toppings for an EASY weeknight meal you’ll be putting on repeat.
Paleo Sloppy Joes
I have this thing with sloppy joes. I’ve always just LOVED them. This is some seriously delicious comfort food, and with a quick update on ingredients this can be made Paleo friendly! Serve them on top of my paleo rolls for a deliciously satisfying meal, or if you want over a baked potato or sweet potato or spaghetti squash.
- Olive Oil
- Ground Beef
- Arrowroot Powder
- Tomato Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Sea Salt
How to Serve Paleo Sloppy Joes
Obviously, Sloppy Joe’s are traditionally served on a roll or some type of bread. Luckily I have a paleo bread recipe that makes amazing rolls so you can still use that option if you’re following a Paleo or gluten-free diet. Check out that recipe here.
If you are looking to skip the bread all together, feel free to serve this over a baked potato or sweet potato, or with spaghetti squash!
I love topping these with jalapeños, roughly chopped lettuce, sliced red onion and tomatoes but these are delicious all on their own as well!
If you like this easy weeknight dinner recipe, check out these others:
- Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- Paleo Orange Chicken
- Taco Salad
- Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
Sloppy Joe Filling
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1-15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons yellow or dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup lettuce, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add in ground beef and let cook until no pink remains, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle arrowroot over meat and stir to combine. Add in tomato sauce, white vinegar, yellow or dijon mustard, and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve on paleo rolls or roll of choice.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!