I have this thing with sloppy joes. I’ve always just LOVED them. It’s a unique take on flavor, plus it’s messy. When the bread gets soggy from the sauce… perfection!
This is some seriously delicious comfort food, and a family favorite! Serve them on top of my paleo rolls for a deliciously satisfying meal.
I love how easily these come together! Just twenty minutes, one-pan and BOOM. Comfort food perfection.
I love topping these with jalapeños, roughly chopped lettuce, sliced red onion and tomatoes but these are delicious all on their own as well!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes. I was compensated for the time spent developing this recipe. All opinions expressed on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen are always my own. My sponsors help make this blog possible!
What is your favorite comfort food?
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 15 oz can organic tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup lettuce, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add in ground beef and let cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Add in tomato sauce, white vinegar, yellow or dijon mustard, and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Add in arrowroot and mix well.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve on paleo rolls.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!