Paleo Sloppy Joes
A comfort food classic, this Paleo Sloppy Joes recipe will definitely be a hit with the whole family. This cleaned up version is free from any added sugar, but still full of flavor and perfect to serve on a (paleo) roll with your favorite toppings for an EASY weeknight meal you’ll be putting on repeat.
Paleo Sloppy Joes
I have this thing with sloppy joes. I’ve always just LOVED them. This is some seriously delicious comfort food, and with a quick update on ingredients this can be made Paleo friendly! Serve them on top of my paleo rolls for a deliciously satisfying meal, or if you want over a baked potato or sweet potato or spaghetti squash.
- Olive Oil
- Ground Beef
- Arrowroot Powder
- Tomato Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Sea Salt
How to Serve Paleo Sloppy Joes
Obviously, Sloppy Joe’s are traditionally served on a roll or some type of bread. Luckily I have a paleo bread recipe that makes amazing rolls so you can still use that option if you’re following a Paleo or gluten-free diet. Check out that recipe here.
If you are looking to skip the bread all together, feel free to serve this over a baked potato or sweet potato, or with spaghetti squash!
I love topping these with jalapeños, roughly chopped lettuce, sliced red onion and tomatoes but these are delicious all on their own as well!
If you like this easy weeknight dinner recipe, check out these others:
- Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- Paleo Orange Chicken
- Taco Salad
- Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 15 oz can organic tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup lettuce, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add in ground beef and let cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Add in tomato sauce, white vinegar, yellow or dijon mustard, and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Add in arrowroot and mix well.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve on paleo rolls.
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 938mg
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
September 15, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!