Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/slow-cooker-chicken-soup/
© 2016 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 3-pound whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more for salting the chicken and more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Place garlic, carrots, onion, and celery into the insert of your slow cooker.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with sea salt, then add the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Add in the water, dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Set on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, discard the bay leaf and remove the chicken to shred. Discard the skin and bones.
- Place chicken back into the slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
For Instant Pot:
- Place veggies in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Top with chicken, herbs, and spices.
- Add 6 cups water.
- Push 'Soup' and let cook for 30 minutes. Let slow release or use quick release.
- Shred chicken, discarding skin and bones.
- Adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- NOTE: For frozen chicken, cook for 40 minutes.
Loading nutrition data...