This Baked Southwestern Hummus dip is going to be your new favorite part appetizer! Hummus is baked with a topping of southwest style veggies and cheese and serve warm! It’s a crowd-pleasing dip that is sure to be on repeat for all of your parties.
Southwestern Hummus Dip
If you love southwestern flavors, this Southwestern Hummus Dip is for you! It is such a fabulous vegetarian dip for entertaining or to enjoy as a snack! If you haven’t made my first hummus dip and you are skeptical about baked hummus, I promise, it is so so good.
Veggies, beans, and spices; cooked to perfection! Baked hummus is my new go-to game day dip because it is so easy to make and is perfect for prepping ahead of time. I throw it all together and top it with cheese, then cover and refrigerate until ready for baking. Simply bake, add your garnishes, and serve!
Check out these other hummus recipes:
If you like this appetizer, check out these others:
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wings (Instant Pot or Baked)
- Salad Roll-Ups (No Cooking Appetizer!)
- Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, strained and washed well
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, more to taste
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2-10 ounce containers of hummus
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, more as desired
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, and spices to the skillet. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the peppers start to soften about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the black beans, corn, and spinach and sauté until the spinach just starts to wilt. Take off heat and set aside.
- Pour hummus into an 8x8 baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Pour in black bean mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Top with garnishes and serve warm with cut-up vegetables and tortilla chips!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!