Warming hearts, one bowl at a time. At least that’s how it is for me. I love soup of all kinds, especially hearty and healthy ones that use your favorite seasonal vegetables. This Rustic Vegetable Tomato Soup is a hit! Packed with flavor and perfect for that cool winter night. If you’re experiencing the cold that we are here in Boston this week, you can relate!
Find my Healthy Holiday Recipes Series and so much more on American Express’ Tumblr!
Rustic Vegetable Tomato Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup cauliflower, or more as desired, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Optional: 1 sweet potato or 3 small purple potatoes, medium diced
- Optional: 1 can of kidney beans or more as desired
I was selected by American Express as to help educate consumers about how to use Membership Rewards points. As such I was paid for my services, but all gift choices selected and opinions about the gifts and American Express are my own. http://t.cmp.ly/68ee5b1be62ebaeb5a
What is your favorite soup?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!