Mother’s Day is a few short weeks away. What better way to celebrate those special ladies in your life then by hosting a brunch in their honor! This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s go through the brunch basics, my favorites, and my tips!
Time to start planning!
Hosting the Perfect Brunch:
(Quantities and variations of food will depend on the size of your brunch, of course!)
2 bottles prosecco/champagne
1 bottle orange juice
2 cans peach nector
-Pitcher of Water
-Pitcher of Lemonade or Iced Tea
-Breakfast Fritatta or Scrambled Eggs
-Side of Bacon and Sausage
-Bagels (cream cheese/butter/lox/onions/tomato) or go simple with Biscuits or English Muffins
-Home Fries (Sweet Potato or regular)
–Carrot Cake Loaf or Lemon Blueberry Loaf
-Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
-Serving Dishes & Utensils
-Pitchers for water & Juices
-Labels for food
1. Check out your local market’s deals ahead of time
2. Have a plan: make your shopping lists and shop for as much as you can in advance, to make the days leading up to your brunch easier
3. Cook the few days leading up to your party, and the night before: Don’t wait until the morning of! Cut up your fruit and make your baked goods ahead of time. The night before, set the tables!
4. When someone offers to help… say YES! You don’t have to do
5. No brunch party is successful if you can’t enjoy it yourself! Once the eggs are out and the bacon is done, sit down and enjoy all of your hard work!
I was selected by American Express to contribue to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your favorite dish to serve at a brunch? What do you bring as a guest?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!