This Easy Curry Shrimp dish is perfect served on its own, served over cauliflower rice or white rice, OR inspired by my recent vacation, served with fresh tortillas, toasted coconut, homemade mango jam, and pico de gallo. Because that flavor combination is just wow!
I am currently all about light, Spring-y, easy-to-throw-together meals. More specifically, 30-minutes or less, impress your guest kind of meals! Therefore, for this week’s Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s make the perfect Curry Shrimp dish. Why is it the perfect weeknight meal? Three main reasons: It’s healthy, made with simple minimal ingredients, and it’s E-A-S-Y!
So much delicious flavor goin’ on. Your family will think you spent hours over the stove!
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp, devined and peeled
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or oil of choice
- 1 tbsp oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, more as desired
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, more as desired
- Optional: 1 tsp sriracha, more as desired
- Optional: Garnish with chopped scallions
- Optional: 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Optional: 1/3 cup pico de gallo
- Optional: 1/4 cup mango chia jam
- Optional: Serve with my homemade tortillas/a>
- In a skillet, heat butter and add shrimp
- Cook shrimp until opaque
- Remove shrimp and set aside
- In the same skillet add butter or oil, then sauté onion and garlic for 2-4 minutes
- Add in coconut milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 7-10 minutes
- Add in shrimp and let simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired, add in optional sriracha here
- Serve hot with scallion garnish
- Coconut option: Place shredded coconut in a dry skillet and toss until toasted
- Pico De Gallo option: finely dice 1 small tomato, 1/4 onion, 1/4 jalapeño pepper and toss with 1 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper, small bunch of cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice
- Mango Chia Jam: follow these instructions, subbing mango for oranges
- I use the optional sides when serving these with my homemade tortillas/a>
I was selected by American Express to contribue to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your favorite (and EASY) weeknight meal?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!