Lemons and poppy seeds together is a winning combination. This moist and flavorful Lemon Poppyseed Loaf topped with heavenly Vanilla Lemon Glaze will be the hit of your brunches, lunches, and treats all summer long.
Weekend brunch should always have some kind of brunch treat, and this loaf takes the cake. I’m so excited to bring you this recipe in partnership with my friends at Pacific Foods!
This loaf is…
Bursting with lemon goodness
Topped (generously) with a heavenly lemon glaze
And best of all, easy to make!
Lemon Poppyseed Loaf with Vanilla Lemon Glaze
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons poppyseed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients aside from poppyseeds and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Add in poppyseeds and lemon zest.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center, and center is firm.
- While baking, make the glaze: sift powdered sugar to remove clumps.
- whisk in almond milk, a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency (thick but pourable). Stir in lemon zest.
- Once the loaf is done, let cool completely before pour on the glaze.
- Slice and serve.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for a month or so.
Do you love lemons and poppy seeds together?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!