Remember just last month? The epic Valentine’s Day Dinner Party Menu brought to you by myself and a few of my favorite blogger friends? Well… the collaborative round-up is BACK! Since last month’s menu was such a hit, we have decided to bring you monthly recipe round-ups featuring healthy and creative themed recipes! This month we are getting excited for the beginning of Spring with a variety of Spring salads.
I’m super excited about this post. Aside from the bright colors and pretty food photography (which makes me totally happy & warm-weather ready), these recipes are healthy and satisfy so many different palates.
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Ali from Inspiralized brings us a Jalapeño Carrot Rice Salad with Avocado, Roasted Pepitas & Charred Red Peppers
Davida from The Healthy Maven with a Sushi Salad with Cauliflower Rice and Carrot-Ginger Dressing
Kelly from Nosh and Nourish with her Chinese Chopped Salad + Orange Sesame DressingLee from Fit Foodie Finds with her Strawberry Arugula Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
And that leaves me! A Honey Lime Fruit Salad with Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Chips. If you haven’t caught on by now, I love to entertain. I love this dish for a party. What’s even more perfect is that you can switch up the fruit based on the season and serve this all-year-round. But really, what’s better then a refreshing fruit salad with guilt-free cinnamon sugar chips as it gets warm out?
Honey Lime Fruit Salad with Paleo Cinnamon Sugar Chips
Write a review
- 1 pint organic strawberries, finely chopped
- 4 kiwis, finely chopped
- 3 pineapple spears, finely chopped
- 1/2 pint organic blueberries
- *Any other fruit you'd like to add!
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp raw honey
Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or oil of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 300
- 2. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or your slipmat
- 4. Place ball of dough in the center and cover with another piece of parchment paper
- 5. Roll out with rolling pin until very thin (1/8 in.)
- 6. Using a pizza cutter, cut squares of desired size
- 7. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and coconut sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy
- 1. Chop all fruit and place in bowl
- 2. In a bowl, mix honey and lime juice
- 3. Transfer fruit bowl and honey lime dressing bowl (separately) into refrigerator until ready to use
- 4. When ready to serve, pour dressing on fruit and mix well
- 5. Serve with homemade crackers!
- Serving size depends on the setting, in my opinion. This serving is perfect for a dinner party of 2-4 people. For a small gathering/party, I will double or even triple this recipe.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/