Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip takes all the flavor of the your favorite hearty appetizer, but lightened up! Shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and veggies, this dip could also be served as main dish! It’s gluten-free and optionally dairy-free, as well.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
You guys… this Buffalo Chicken Dip is my new obsession. It’s lighter and cleaner than your typical buff chicken dip but is SO hearty and delicious. We like to serve it at game day parties, but also as a main dish! Serve with chips and cut up veggies. I promise you’re going to love it!
Ingredients for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Shredded Chicken
- Spinach (got to sneak in those veggies!
- Mayo (homemade or store-bought)
- Hot Sauce (I like Frank’s)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese (optional)
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
I like to serve mine with a lot of cut up veggies! Some great choices are cucumbers, carrots, celery sticks, bell peppers. In addition to the veggies serve it with tortilla chips and crackers.
If you like this buffalo recipe, check out these others:
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Nuggets
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders (Keto)
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This lightened up Buffalo Chicken Dip takes all the flavor of the your favorite hearty appetizer, but made healthier! Shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and veggies, this dip could also be served as main dish! It's gluten-free and optionally dairy-free, as well.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayo (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules/powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (local whenever possible), divided
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Celery Stalks
- Veggies of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until wilted. Place in a bowl with shredded chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, hot sauce, garlic granules, onion powder, parsley, dill, salt.
- Add mayo mixture to the chicken mixture and toss to combine. Add in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a baking dish add chicken mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Serve hot.
July 29, 2016
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!