Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect summer entree or side dish! Pasta mixed with a colorful blend of fresh veggies, juicy shreds of chicken, and tossed in a spicy and creamy buffalo sauce.
Lightened up, easy, and delicious!
Easy Buff Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
Summer is pasta salad season. And this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is one of my favorites! It’s perfect for an easy lunch, a side dish with dinner, or for snacking out of the fridge every time you walk by. 😉
This easy pasta salad recipe is loaded with the pasta of your choice, the perfect blend of fresh veggies, and shredded chicken all tossed in a homemade spicy buffalo sauce. It’s a healthier version and it’s quick, easy, and so delicious!
- Cooked Pasta: any pasta shape will work. Try rotini, penne, bow-tie, macaroni, you name it!
- Veggies: shaved or shredded carrots, cooked corn, diced bell pepper, diced scallions. See below for other ideas!
- Cilantro: chopped cilantro adds delicious freshness to the mix.
- Chicken: leftover shredded chicken or short cut… shredded rotisserie chicken!
- Mayo: I use avocado oil mayo, but any type of oil will work.
- Hot Sauce: I like to use Frank’s hot sauce, but use your favorite variety!
- Seasonings: a mix of fine sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder takes the flavor in the dressing to the next level.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
This pasta salad with chicken comes together as quickly as you can cook the pasta and chop the veggies. So simple and so delicious!
- Cook the pasta: Boil the pasta according to box directions. Cool completely.
- Combine: In a bowl, mix together all of the veggies, cilantro, chicken, and cooled pasta.
- Add the sauce: Whisk together mayo, hot sauce, and seasonings, then pour the mixture over the pasta. Adjust the seasonings as needed, then serve and enjoy or store in the fridge.
Add Ins & Variations
- Make it cheesy. A sprinkle of crumbled bleu cheese would be perfect!
- Add other veggies. Try chopped grape tomatoes, finely diced celery, diced red onion, or chopped avocado.
- Make it vegetarian. Simply leave out the meat or add a can of chickpeas to compensate.
- Make it vegan. Swap the regular mayo out for a vegan variety and use chickpeas in place of the chicken.
What Foods Go With Pasta Salad?
Pasta salad is the perfect summer side dish or entree. It’s delicious served on its own or with any of your favorite summer recipes!
Enjoy it at a BBQ next to some Grilled Corn on the Cob or serve it as a side dish without the chicken and next to Air Fryer Salmon, Buffalo Chicken Burgers, Grilled Pork Chops or Dry-Rub Grilled Wings.
Can You Make Pasta Salad Ahead of Time?
You can! This chicken pasta salad gets even better as it sits in the fridge so I like to make it a couple hours ahead of time to give the flavors time to soak into the veggies and pasta.
If you want to prepare it even further ahead of time, I recommend pre-cooking the pasta, chopping all the veggies, and making the sauce in advance and storing them all separately in the fridge for a couple of days. When you’re ready to serve, mix it all up and it’s ready to go!
How Long is Pasta Salad Good for in the Fridge?
Once assembled, this pasta salad will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Pasta Salad?
I don’t recommend freezing this pasta salad. The texture of the fresh veggies will be affected and the mayo will separate and become watery when thawed.
More Pasta Salad Recipes to Try
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Gluten-Free Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Watch The Video
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect summer entree or side dish! Pasta is tossed with a colorful blend of fresh veggies and juicy shreds of chicken in a spicy and creamy buffalo sauce.
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:10
- Total Time: 00:20
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side dish
- 1 12 oz. box pasta of choice, cooked
- 1 cup shaved or shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup diced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups shredded chicken (homemade or rotisserie)
- 3/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil pasta as directed, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all veggies, chicken, and pasta.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayo, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Pour sauce mixture over pasta and toss well to combine.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately!
Vegan: Use vegan mayo and omit chicken.
Other add-in ideas:
- Grape Tomatoes
- Diced Avocado
- Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- Finely Diced Celery
- Finely Diced Red Onion
Keywords: chicken pasta salad, pasta salad with chicken, easy pasta salad recipe
June 18, 2022
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!