This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicious flavors come together in this slow cooker Caribbean Pulled Chicken, served as lettuce wraps and topped with a simple fresh mango salsa!
It’s one of our favorite slow cooker chicken recipes of all time! Such a delicious combination of sweet, savory, and flavorful spices!
Make it a light, yet hearty meal by piling this flavorful chicken into your lettuce wraps, top with your favorite add-ons, and devour!
You can even add this chicken to your favorite greens for a delicious, protein packed salad any night of the week!
I love making this chicken at the beginning of the week and adding it to my lunch and dinner’s throughout the week! The best hands-free recipe for my Sunday meal prep days!
Doesn’t that mango and avocado look so heavenly?! I use bibb lettuce for my lettuce wraps, but you can get creative and use any base lettuce you like!
Watch the video:
Caribbean Pulled Chicken Lettuce Wraps [VIDEO]
Caribbean Pulled Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 mangos diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Head of butter lettuce or lettuce leaves of choice
- 1 avocado sliced
- Any other add-ins you'd like
- Place all of the pulled chicken ingredients into the insert of your slow cooker. Mix to combine flavors, then put on high for 3 hours.
- While it's cooking, prepare the mango salsa: In a bowl toss together all ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When the chicken is done, shred with two forks and mix into the sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes, covered.
- Assemble lettuce wraps, top with mango salsa and other desired toppings, like avocado and tomato, and serve.
My blogging ladies are back at it with an awesome post this month.
Slow cooker recipes perfect for those days when it’s just too hot to turn the oven on!
I can’t wait to devour all of these in the next few weeks!
Set it and forget it! My summer motto.
What is a serving size? 1 or 2 lettuce wraps? Plan on making this week and want to be able to correctly figure out my macros! 🙂
This chicken is so good and easy! So flavorful and delicious.
Made these last night and they were amazing! I made them with frozen chicken and they ended up perfect! Such an easy delicious meal!
This made great soft tacos. The leftover liquid will make a nice base for lunchtime soup later. Layered the tacos with black beans & cauliflower rice. The chicken was amazingly tender. Great recipe!
I made this exactly as written, except I left the cilantro out of the chicken. This was so good! Bold flavors that melded really well. We ended up eating the leftovers on corn tortillas which gave the meal the feel of a really good food truck. I’m usually meh on cilantro, but it was great in the mango salsa, I’m glad I left it in.
We’re go glad you loved it!