This two-ingredient Salsa Chicken recipe is made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker and is the perfect, easy meal prep recipe. It’s simple, fast, and makes the perfect shredded chicken to put on top of salads, in tacos, in burrito bowls, and so much more!
Two-Ingredient Salsa Chicken (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
If you love my shredded all-purpose chicken, you will love this easy salsa chicken. I use it in my freezer burritos, on top of salads, and on burrito bowls- to name a few! Use green salsa verde or your favorite red salsa for the easiest shredded chicken recipe ever! Shred with two forks and get ready to devour!
How do you cook chicken to be shredded?
Use the slow cooker or the pressure cooker to make the best, and easiest shredded chicken!
Watch the video here:
How do you make shredded chicken for burritos?
I love using the slow cooker or the Instant Pot, but you can also poach your chicken on the stove-top! All three directions are below!
The perfect meal prep addition that is so simple to prepare!
If you like this shredded salsa chicken recipe, try these other recipes:
- All-Purpose Shredded Chicken
- Freezer Burritos
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the insert of your pressure cooker.
- Add in 1 cup of salsa.
- Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, and the + or - button to select 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Once done, turn the valve to venting for quick release. Once the silver pin drops has, carefully open the lid, remove chicken, and shred with two forks.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite fixins! Make my homemade guacamole, for sure!
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place chicken breasts in the insert of a slow cooker and cover with salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Place chicken breasts into a pot and pour in enough water to cover the chicken.
- Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and simmer until chicken meat is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a bowl, allow to cool slightly, and shred the chicken meat with 2 forks!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!