Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/gluten-free-cut-out-cookies/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Cut Out Cookies
These Gluten Free Cut Out Cookies are the best for decorating holiday cookies! They are so simple to put together, can be rolled out immediately and decorated (or not) to celebrate any holiday! These versatile cookies are made with only 5 ingredients (plus a pinch of salt!) and are a great activity to do with the kids.
Optional Flavors (choose one)
- 1/2 teaspoon mint
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
To Make Cookie Dough:
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer cream butter, honey and vanilla, until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes
- In a medium bowl add almond flour, tapioca flour and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and combine. It may look crumbly at first, but continue to mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll out immediately (see directions below) or wrap in plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until ready to roll, up to 3 days.
To Roll Out and Bake Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll out to a thickness or 1/4" and stamp with cookie cutters. Carefully peel stamped cookies off parchment and place on baking sheet. They will not spread so you can spaces them as close as 1/4" apart.
- You can re roll scraps, chilling in between if dough is getting too warm.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool before decorating.
- Whisk 1-1/2 tablespoons almond milk, vanilla and powdered sugar together until smooth. You want it to be thick enough to pipe. If you plan to flood the cookie you can make two smaller batches and add a touch more almond milk to want to make it thinner to floor the cookie in between the piping icing. Drop in some food coloring (see post for more info) depending on what color you'd like to make. Decorate using squeeze bottles of piping bags.
- Read post for more information and tips for making these cut out cookies.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.