Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/healthy-hamburger-helper/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Healthy Hamburger Helper
Love that classic childhood boxed favorite, but want to make it all homemade and healthier? This Healthy Hamburger Helper recipe is your solution, and it's all made in one pot and so delicious!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 15 ounce can diced tomato
- 3-1/2 cups beef broth
- 12 ounce gluten-free elbow macaronia
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Parsley, for serving
- Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the beef and cook until no pink remains. Remove any excess fat.
- Add in the salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, diced tomatos and broth and bring up to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the pasta to the pot and cook for as long as the package instruction states (if package says to cook pasta for 10 minutes, cook for 10 minutes), stirring every few minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom.
- Once the pasta is cooked through, shut off the heat and add the cheese. Stir together, then let the pasta sit for 5 minutes while the sauce continues to thicken up.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.