This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetables Sheet Pan dinner is a healthy easy weeknight win! It’s customizable, hearty, and has the perfect flavor that everyone in your home will love. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly, too!
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggies
We are such honey mustard chicken fans around here, so making a sheet pan chicken dinner with honey mustard was a no brainer. Like our Honey Mustard Chicken Wings or Creamy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce for sweet potato fries. You find me a good honey mustard, and I’m putting it on everything, especially since, gasp, I’m not a ketchup fan!
We love sheet pan meals and have a variety of them! From easy breakfasts, like our Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes), to a seafood hit like our Sheet Pan Root Vegetable and Sage Pesto Salmon, to a game day favorite (Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken and Veggie), and then wrapping it up with a 5-star steak dinner, Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies, you’ll start to see the magic of sheet pan meals. They’re fairly hands off, come together quickly, and are truly delicious. It’s a weeknight easy dinner, that’s for sure!
Veggies: Cauliflower or broccoli, green beans, carrots, potatoes, red onion. Truly, you can use any vegetables you’d like! My tip would be to make sure to cut them fairly evenly so they cook evenly!
Spices: Garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, Olive oil or avocado oil
The Chicken Marinade: It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it’s everything you want for a honey mustard dish!
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Well first, you need chicken of course! Substitution: You can use chicken thighs here if you’d like!
Whole grain mustard: I love the mix of two different mustards here.
Dijon mustard: I love the mix of two different mustards here.
Honey: An essential! I love this honey or this honey, or if your local CSA or farmer’s market sells honey, grab it! Local honey is amazing.
Apple cider vinegar: A little acid helps balance it all out!
Salt and pepper
Other vegetables that would work great in this sheet pan chicken dinner:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Winter Squash
Tips for sheet pan cooking:
- Sheet pan dinners are the best. Make sure to read the recipe all the way through (of course) and plan to use a timer! This way you can truly walk away from the oven and not have to worry about when you need to add anything for the next step.
- Do the prep ahead of time: You can prepare so much of this meal the night before so that right before cooking all you have to do is cook! Chop all the veggies (minus the eggplant, which may brown if left cut overnight) and prepare the chickpeas and spices in a bowl and cover overnight in the fridge. You can also prepare the meatball mixture the night before so all you have to do is scoop them when ready to bake.
- Use the correct size sheet pan. When we say sheet pan we are referring to the rimmed half sheet pan which is 18″ by 13″. The size of the sheet pan matters because you do not want to overcrowd the pan when cooking, so if you are using a smaller sheet pan you may need to use 2 to achieve the same result.
Why We’ve Been Buying Farmer Focus Chicken for Years
Chicken is the star of this dish, so it is incredibly important to use the best quality chicken! I am so happy to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus for today’s recipe!
If you’ve been a reader for a while, you know Farmer Focus has been my go-to, trusted chicken for years because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality meat grown on family-owned farms. You can 100% taste the difference. I love knowing that when I pick up Farmer Focus chicken at the grocery store, it’s the best there is and I don’t have to question whether it was raised in a humane way.
What I love about Farmer Focus is that they are a company that promotes and protects generational family farming. They partner with over 75 family farms. These farmers are all dedicated to bringing organic, humanely raised and traceable chicken to your table, and I just love that!
Farmer Focus is building partnerships with farmers through their innovative Farmer Focus Business Model
Every Farmer Focus product includes a 4-letter Farm ID that traces your chicken to the farm that raised it, so you can learn more about where your chicken comes from. I love that accountability! On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised!
Farmer Focus chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. You can also use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you.
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken
This sheet pan meal is delicious on its own, but we also love pairing it with rice or quinoa.
Can I Meal Prep More? Like, Can I Double This Recipe?
Absolutely! You can actually break it up into two sheet pans, or throw on more chicken. Cut up too many veggies? The more the merrier, in my opinion! Just adjust the amount of oil/sauce as needed.
If you like this recipe, try these other sheet pan meals:
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes)
- Sheet Pan Root Vegetable and Sage Pesto Salmon
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Cod and Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
Watch the video:
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Veggies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil more as desired/needed
- 1 medium cauliflower or broccoli cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound green beans trimmed (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium carrots diced to 1/2″
- 2 pound potatoes cubed (about 3-4 cups)
- 1/2 red onion sliced
Honey Mustard Chicken Marinade:
- 4-6 Farmer Focus boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lbs. (see note)
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl mix together the spice blend: garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine vegetables: cauliflower or broccoli, green beans, carrots, potatoes, red onion with oil and spice blend. Pour onto rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile place chicken breasts into the large bowl used for the vegetables and add sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustards, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Brush onto chicken and let marinade while your vegetables are cooking.
- After 20 minutes take out the sheet pan and move vegetables to the sides to make space for the chicken. Place the chicken breasts in the middle of the pan and pour over any reserved marinade.
- Continue to bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with pan juices! Sprinkle veggies with additional salt and pepper as desired, and any herbs!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can alternatively use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- If your veggies need more time based on your desired likeness, remove chicken and set aside, and roast for 10 minutes longer or broil for 2-3 minutes to get them crispier.
- Want to make more for meal prep? You can totally use more. You can actually break it up into two sheet pans, or throw on more chicken. Cut up too many veggies? The more the merrier, in my opinion! Just adjust the amount of oil/sauce as needed.
Easy, quick, delicious
This recipe was so simple and SO tasty! The honey mustard sauce is delicious and there was enough of everything for leftovers the next day. Will definitely be making this again!
Soooo good! The honey mustard sauce is so tasty! I’m definitely going to be utilizing it with other recipes!
Easy and Delicious!
Loved this recipe! Bonus is that is really easy prep and clean up.