Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
This easy roasted cauliflower recipe comes together in under 30 minutes, and brings a punch of good-for-you spices and a whole lot of flavor! You’ll have essentially no mess, and a delicious Moroccan-spiced side dish to pair with any chicken, fish, or meat!
Spiced Moroccan Cauliflower
Cauliflower is just the best! One cup of cauliflower has almost 60% of your daily-intake of vitamin C! It is also a great source of vitamin K. And, it’s also really delicous. This side dish is a bit unique, pairing roasted broccoli with diced tomatoes with some Moroccan-inspired spices. We love the health benefits of turmeric, and the flavor that this spice blend brings is just perfect with the addition of cooked tomato, garlic, and onion.
It’s perfect to pair with a nice lean protein, like chicken or fish!
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- Garlic cloves
- Ground cumin
- Fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
I love that this dish requires just a sheet pan (and a bowl to toss everything together)!
Recipes to Pair with this Spiced Cauliflower
This is a great side dish and deserves to be paired with an equally as delicious and simple to put together protein. Here are some suggestions:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- How to Make a Spatchcock Chicken
- Horseradish Salmon
- 3-Ingredient Dijon Salmon (In 10 Minutes!)
- How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot
- Slow-Cooker Roasted Chicken
Want other cauliflower favorites? Try these:
- Asian Cauliflower Wings
- Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry
- ‘Everything Bagel’ Cauliflower Rolls
- Vegan Cauliflower Soup with Ginger and Turmeric
Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets (roughly 20 ounces or 6 cups cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped, optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until completely coated.
- Place cauliflower mixture onto a lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until fork tender and golden.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with your favorite protein.
- Serving Size: As served
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 122mg
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
March 31, 2016
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!