Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/sweet-potato-latkes/
© 2013 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Latkes
These Gluten Free Sweet Potato Latkes are a twist on the traditional. They're slightly sweet and savory, crispy on the outside and perfect served with either apple or cranberry sauce! Made gluten and dairy-free!
- 1 large sweet potato (about 16 ounces)
- 1 onion
- 2 scallions, sliced fine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying (we use avocado here)
- Peel and grate the potatoes (you can use a food processor or grate by hand) then place in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Peel and grate the onions.
- Add both potato and onion mixture to a fine mesh strainer lined with a cheese cloth or a thin kitchen towel and strain as much excess water out as possible.
- Place mixture into a bowl, along with scallions, eggs, tapioca, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, make patties out of the potato mixture (squeeze out even more excess liquid as you make patties) and pan-fry batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Add more oil as needed.
- Serve with hot with applesauce or sour cream and enjoy!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.