Sick of store bought granola? I was definitely sick of reading labels and seeing so many forms of sugar and additives! I came up with this recipe and everyone who has made it raves about it! Crunchy and delicious; perfect on top of a smoothie bowl, a yogurt fruit bowl, or just as a snack!
Chunky Gluten-Free Granola
- 4 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts/seeds (I use slivered raw almonds, chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and whole raw almonds)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 3 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Note: If you like sweeter granola, add 1 tbsp more honey or maple syrup
- Optional: 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- Optional: 1/2 cup dried fruit
- I generally add the dried fruit as I eat. When mixed in during baking, and then stored I have found that the dried fruit gets hard after about a week. If you are serving the granola right away, feel free to mix them in.
- Add one egg white to the entire mixture, make sure it's mixed in extremely well, this makes the granola extremely chunky and stick together in clusters
Looking for a Paleo Granola? Click Here for the recipe!