This slow cooker shredded chicken is an all-purpose recipe that goes with just about anything! The slow cooker is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, especially if you have a busy schedule. This basic all-purpose chicken recipe is great because you can turn it into so many things. From shredded buffalo chicken lettuce wraps to chicken soup and shredded chicken tacos, this easy recipe is so simple and always delicious!
- Place 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1⅓ to 1½ pounds) in the insert of a slow cooker. Pour enough chicken broth over the chicken to cover, about 1 cup.
- Add garlic, diced onion, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Makes about 3 cups shredded cooked chicken.
- If you don’t have leftover cooked chicken on hand to make this recipe, buying an organic rotisserie chicken from the market is the most convenient solution. Almost as convenient, and what I do most often, is to throw some chicken breasts in the slow cooker. It’s easy, economical, and you control the ingredients.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!