My CSA has officially started, school is about to end, and Summer feels like it’s about to be in full-swing over here. Of course, nothing speaks Summer like fresh berries being back. Man, I miss them all year!
Today I’ve combined the perfect biscuit with dairy-free whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and easy strawberry sauce for the ultimate classic summer dessert!
But first, my blogging friends and I have made you delicious berry recipes that you need to make ASAP! They are all paleo-friendly and so so so delicious. Let’s also give a warm welcome to Gina from Running to the Kitchen who’s new to the round-up gang!
Ready? Let’s start it up!
Brittany’s Mixed Fruit Salad
Davida’s Blueberry Hazelnut Crumb Bars
And now, my classic Strawberry Shortcake!
Write a review
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 organic egg
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter, cold or room temperature (not melted)
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced (save one additional cup for later)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients
- Add in wet ingredients and whisk together to combine
- Line a baking sheet with baking lineror parchment paper
- Roll dough into balls (does not have to be perfect)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and flakey
- While baking add strawberries to a small pot and heat
- Add raw honey and mash strawberries with a potato masher or a fork
- Let simmer for 5 minutes
- In a bowl, dump the fat from the coconut milk and add vanilla and honey
- Using your hand mixer, whip the coconut milk until thick and you've reached your desired whipped cream texture
- Cut the biscuit, add whipped cream, the fresh berries, and then the strawberry sauce
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/