Fall is here and that means it’s definitely crock-pot time! My new favorite slow-cooker addition is a whole roasted chicken. It is so easy to throw together, and super flavorful! Who needs store-bought when you can set it and forget it, am I right?
A quick prep and there you have it…
A perfect whole chicken, ready to devour!
Now, before we get to the chicken, my blogging friends are back with me sharing FIVE other slow-cooker recipes for you and they are AH-MAZING.
Let’s get rolling…
Chicken Fajita Soup from Eating Bird Food
Craving Mexican? Simply toss all the ingredients for fajitas in your slow cooker and a few hours later you’ll have a comforting soup that’s packed with flavor and a hint of spice.
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce from The Healthy Maven
All you need are two ingredients (apples and cinnamon) and your slow cooker to make this super easy and sugar-free slow cooker applesauce recipe! Perfect for Fall snacking or to use in baked goods!
Short Rib Ragu from Running to the Kitchen
Serve it over mashed sweet potatoes or toss it with pasta, either way this slow cooker short rib ragu is the perfect comfort food as the weather gets cooler.
Honey Sriracha Chicken from Fit Foodie Finds
All you need are 5 ingredients to make this delicious, clean-eating crock-pot honey sriracha chicken that’s made with REAL food!
Salsa Pumpkin Shredded Beef from Food Faith Fitness
This tender, paleo slow cooker roast beef is mixed with pumpkin and salsa and then shredded! It’s perfect in tacos or on a salad for a healthy, weeknight meal, that is full of fall flavor!
Dinner has never been so good! Packed with delicious flavors, this slow-cooked roasted whole chicken is so easy to throw together, and makes for the perfect meal! Pair it with veggies, salad, or anything you’d like and you are ready to go!
Slow-Cooker Roasted Chicken
Write a review
3 hr 15 min
3 hr 15 min
- 1 whole organic chicken (I use around a 4 lb. chicken)
- 1 whole lemon, quartered
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil of choice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 teaspoons fine sea salt, more as desired***
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- Roll 2 balls of tin foil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker
- Place 1 clove sliced garlic, 2 quarters lemon, and 1 sliced onion into the center of the chicken cavity
- Tie the chicken legs with twine
- Rub butter and garlic over the skin of the chicken, and gently lift the skin and place garlic underneath
- In a bowl, combine sea salt, pepper, dried rosemary, and paprika
- Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken, and place in crockpot*
- Place additional onion, garlic, and rosemary springs around the chicken at the bottom of the crockpot
- Cook 3-4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low until chicken is fully cooked and tender
- Place the chicken in an oven safe baking dish and broil for 4-5 minutes to get the skin crispy
- Serve hot**
- *no water added
- **I use the broth to baste the chicken
- ***Some people felt this could use more salt, so perhaps increase by 1-2 teaspoons
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?