Delicious flavors come together in this slow cooker Caribbean Pulled Chicken, served as lettuce wraps and topped with a simple fresh mango salsa! Make it a light, yet hearty meal by piling this flavorful chicken into your lettuce wraps, top with your favorite add-ons, and devouring!
Caribbean Pulled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Caribbean Pulled Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 mangos, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Head of butter lettuce or lettuce leaves of choice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Any other add-ins you'd like
- Place all of the pulled chicken ingredients into the insert of your slow cooker. Mix to combine flavors, then put on high for 3 hours.
- While it's cooking, prepare the mango salsa: In a bowl toss together all ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When the chicken is done, shred with two forks and mix into the sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes, covered.
- Assemble lettuce wraps, top with mango salsa and other desired toppings, like avocado and tomato, and serve.
- The juice from the chicken is delicious, but makes the lettuce wraps a tad messy if you don't slightly strain when assembling.
My blogging ladies are back at it with an awesome post this month. Slow cooker recipes perfect for those days when it’s just too hot to turn the oven on! I can’t wait to devour all of these in the next few weeks!
Set it and forget it! My summer motto.
Let’s see what we’re working with!
Slow Cooker Ratatouille from Eating Bird Food
Load your summer farmers market haul into the slow cooker for a delicious ratatouille that you can use in a variety of ways. Serve as a side, over pasta or bread, with a grilled protein or even in an omelet.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken from The Healthy Maven
No need to order takeout with this Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken. Perfectly tart and sweet all at the same time, this easy, one-pot dinner recipe is sure to be a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls from Food Faith Fitness
This whole30 approved slow cooker mango chicken has a sweet mango coconut sauce and sweet potatoes! It’s a healthy, one pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Summer Slow Cooker Frittata from Running to the Kitchen
This slow cooker frittata is bursting with grated zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, basil and prosciutto then topped with a simple arugula salad. Great for a summer breakfast or dinner!
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!