This Slow Cooker Carne Asada is the perfect set it and forget it meal. On top of a salad, nachos, in lettuce cups for healthier tacos — the options are endless!
A new series is HERE: Slow Cooker Sunday!! All Fall, I’ll be sharing a slow cooker recipe each Sunday for you to pop in your slow cooker and head out for the day, and then come home ready to eat and/or use for your weekly meal prep!
First of all, happy start of FOOTBALL! If you’ve read my blog for some time, you’ll know I love entertaining and creating spreads for Football Sunday– more than I love watching the games!
Another thing you’ll know if you’ve read my blog for a while is that the slow cooker is one of my all-time favorite kitchen tools for that reason. I love a no-fuss meal, and love not having to slave over the stove to make it!
Slow Cooker Carne Asada
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (see note)
- 2 oranges, juiced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 pounds flank steak or steak/beef of choice
- Place all ingredients aside from the steak into your blender and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sear the meat on both sides then place into the insert of your slow cooker.
- Pour the blended sauce mixture over the meat and set on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with two forks and serve over a salad, on top of nachos, or in lettuce leaf tacos.
- 1. If you don't like heat, make sure you scrape out the seeds.
- 2. For Whole30, don't serve over tortilla chips!
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/