Dry-Rub Grilled Wings [VIDEO]
When I think of wings I naturally think of the fried and unhealthy variation from my good ‘ol college days, but that doesn’t always have to be the case! These Dry-Rub Grilled Wings are healthy, flavorful, and so simple to make! A perfect crowd pleaser for any occasion!
Father’s Day weekend = BBQ, BBQ, BBQ!
This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s transform this wing party into a guilt-free one! These wings are flavor-packed and grilled to perfection. Plus, they are easy breezy! Perfect for anyone on grill duty this weekend.
Not much better than a bucket ‘o wings!
Like this wing recipe? Try these:
Want more football recipes? Try these:
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip
- Roasted Poblano and Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Carne Asada
Dry-Rub Grilled Wings [VIDEO]
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 pounds organic chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (code LEXI for 10% off)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, adjust based on desired spice level
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
- Sriracha Mayo:
- 1/3 cup homemade mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Place wings in a plastic bag and add in oil, garlic, and spices. Toss to combine.
- Let marinade for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grease grill and place wings on.
- Let cook for 7 minutes then flip for a remaining 7, until no pink remains.
- Serve with sriracha mayo or desired dipping sauce!
Bake these instead: Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Using tongs, flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes.
Broil for 1-2 minutes to get the wings extra crispy. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm with dipping sauce!
- Serving Size: As served
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 684mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such, I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
June 19, 2015
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!