This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a low carb hash brown alternative? These paleo-friendly and keto Cauliflower Hash Browns are the perfect addition to any breakfast, and they freeze so well, too!
If you’ve loved my other cauliflower recipes, like my cauliflower rolls and pizza bites, you will love these keto hash browns! These crispy cauliflower hash browns are perfect with any type of eggs, plus these hash browns also freeze wonderfully for meal prep or to pull out of the freezer for later use!
How do you shred cauliflower?
Place cauliflower in your food processor and pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture.
Cauliflower Hash Browns Recipe
We love how crispy these hash browns are on the outside! Can you bake them instead of pan fry? If you want to, you’ll have to adjust the number of eggs, and they won’t have that crisp edge. See notes for this!
Want other unique cauliflower recipes? Try these cauliflower recipes we love:
- Everything Bagel Topped Cauliflower Rolls
- Cauliflower Baked Ziti
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Cauliflower Parmesan
How do you make cauliflower hash browns
Cauliflower Hash Browns (Keto!)
- 1 head cauliflower riced (about 3 cups) - See Notes
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Avocado oil for frying
- In a food processor, or using a hand grater, pulse/grate cauliflower until rice consistency.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cauliflower rice, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot add oil to coat pan.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of cauliflower mixture and form into hashbrown shaped patties approximately 3/4-inch thick and gently place in skillet. Repeat with remaining mixture, cooking in batches as necessary.
- Cook hash browns until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze for future use.
Can you cook these in an air fryer? Or would that be the same as cooking in an oven?
Made these over the weekend, they’re delicious!! I’m just curious about the nutrition facts…is that breakdown per hash brown? I see it says “serving size 9”, but that doesn’t add up to me. LOL Just looking to clarify since I track all of my food. Thanks so much!! ?
Can’t wait to make these! Do you freeze these prior to cooking?
We haven’t tried that, but let us know if you do how they turn out!
Yes!!! These are awesome! They really do make me feel like I’m eating hash browns and saved me from eating myself into a potato coma. I love it when I find a low-carb recipe that I would eat regardless of my carb status and this is one of those. I think I may try salting the cauliflower in the future to get rid of some of the water, but other than that, I will make them exactly as written.
Can you use a gluten free blend flour?
We haven’t tried that, but let us know if you do!
Very simple to make, very tasty. I really like them, thanks!