Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/easy-chicken-marinades/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Easy Chicken Marinade Recipes
Never be bored with chicken again! We're sharing 5 super simple chicken marinades that turn plain chicken breasts into something magical! They're freezer-friendly and perfect for making ahead of time. They are all gluten-free, with some Paleo and Whole30 options as well.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canned adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotled peppers (optional, this is hot)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- For your chosen marinade, whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place 2-3 chicken breasts either inside of a freezer-safe bag, or storage bowl / container. Pour marinade over the chicken, and move the chicken around to ensure it coats it evenly.
- Transfer chicken to the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Or place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Cook as desired (see section labeled "How to Cook Marianted Chicken" for more tips on this).
- Each marinade recipe makes enough for 2-3 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds of chicken) or similar sized chicken pieces.
- Meat should be refrigerated during the marinating process. It's always best to store raw meat in the lowest shelf or part of your refrigerator that way if there are any accidental drips, it doesn't contaminate any food below it.
- Don't use the leftover marinade (unless you are cooking the chicken with it). It contains raw chicken and therefore is not safe to use. We don't recommend you heat it up separately either as the chicken liquid within the marinade when cooked up makes the sauce a little funky.
- Cook the marinated chicken within 2 days. Because the marinade contains acidic ingredients, as it sits it will continue to break down the chicken. If it sits for too long, it actually can become more tough.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.