Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/freezer-friendly-waffle-bites-caramelized-apples/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
For Mini Waffles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
To Make "Churro Style"
- Pre-heat waffle maker set to low heat and brush liberally with melted butter or high-heat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt whisk to combine.
- Following the directions for your waffle maker, cook four waffles at a time by adding 1 tablespoon of waffle mix to each quadrant. Cook until waffles are light brown and set aside until all of the waffle batter is used.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon apples: In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter. Add diced apples, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Mix well. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until apples are soft and a light brown color. Taste and adjust cinnamon as needed. Take off heat and set aside.
- To make finished waffles churro style: Add cinnamon and coconut sugar to a small mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, melt the butter. Brush waffles with melted butter and working in batches, carefully dip the waffles into the cinnamon sugar mixture until the waffles are well coated.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup!
- You can place the finished waffles in an oven set to 200°F to keep warm while you cook the rest of the waffles and prepare the caramelized apples, but this is not necessary!
- To freeze the mini waffles: Place fully cooled waffles flat on a sheet pan and freeze completely, then place in a bag with an air tight seal for longer term storage. Freezing them flat first ensures they keep their shape. Waffles will keep frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat place in a toaster oven until heated through
- Waffles will keep for four days in the refrigerator!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.