This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Greek Chicken Kebabs are marinated in a delicious Greek inspired blend of flavors and come together quickly so you can have the best juicy and tender chicken skewers on the table for dinner tonight! Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Greek Chicken Skewers
The perfect summer recipe, these grilled Greek Chicken Kebabs are juicy and tender and pack a punch of flavor. I love to pair them with my famous Greek Salad, but they also work with other side dishes, or as an appetizer, too. And this is a recipe the whole family will love, even my baby Skylar loves these skewers!
Greek Chicken Kabob Ingredients
Here is an overview of the ingredients that you’ll need for this recipe! The full recipe is listed below.
- Farmer Focus boneless, skinless chicken breasts: You can also use chicken tenders or chicken thighs!
- Olive oil: Use good quality olive oil, or if you need a substitute, avocado oil.
- Red wine vinegar: This actually helps tenderize the chicken, but aside from that, it’s tangy and DELICIOUS. It’s wonderful with these Greek flavors!
- Garlic: Tons of fresh garlic for that fresh Mediterranean flavor!
- Dried oregano: A classic Greek herb that’s worth having in your spice cabinet.
- Ground dried turmeric: For an added punch of nutrients, I love adding in a little dried turmeric powder (don’t forget: the health benefits of turmeric are activated with black pepper! Fun fact)!
- Paprika: A little paprika for a flavor punch.
- Fresh lemon: Greek chicken and fresh lemon just go hand-in-hand!
- Salt and Pepper
Tools Needed for this Recipe
- Skewers: Use either metal skewers or use wooden skewers! If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak those in water 20 minutes before using to prevent burning!
- Grill: It’s grilling time! These cook quickly on your outdoor grill, or if you prefer to cook the chicken indoors, you can use a grill pan instead!
- A glass dish: To marinate your chicken in!
Why Farmer Focus Has Been My Chicken Choice for Years
I am so happy to continue my partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus to bring you today’s chicken kabob recipe!
Farmer Focus has been my go-to, trusted chicken for years now, because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality meat grown on family-owned farms.
I love being able to grab a package of Farmer Focus chicken at the grocery store and not having to question whether it is truly coming from meat raised in a humane way.
Read more in my Q&A with their founder Corwin, here!
Innovative Farmer Focus Business Model
Every Farmer Focus product includes a 4-letter farm I.D. that traces your chicken to the farm that raised it. On their website you can literally see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised! How awesome is that? Buying meat from Farmer Focus also gives me peace of mind that I am supporting hard working family farmers.
Farmer Focus chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics.
Use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you.
Want to Add Veggies?
Go for it! Onions or bell pepper would be great here.
But first, did you know that there’s more to skewers than just spearing a few chunks of meat and veggies and hoping for the best? It’s all in the spacing.
Meat actually stays juicier during cooking when it’s touching — but not packed too tightly against — whatever’s next to it. Don’t overstuff your skewers, but don’t leave too much space between ingredients, either.
Steps For Making Chicken Kebabs
- Marinate your chicken!
- Thread the chicken evenly onto your skewers.
- Brush the grill or grill pan with oil to ensure that the kabobs don’t stick.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
How to Serve Greek Chicken Kebabs
Serve these as an appetizer, or as I like, for dinner! Here are some suggestions for serving up with your Greek Chicken Kebabs
- My Famous Chopped Greek Salad and Greek Dressing!
- No Bean Hummus
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Cauliflower Rice
- Best Ever Weeknight Rice
- Garlicky Blistered Green Beans [VIDEO!]
- Roasted Potato Wedges
- Three Bean Salad
Watch the video here:
Like this chicken recipe? Try these other favorites:
- Thai-Inspired Chopped Chicken Salad in Mason Jars
- Baked Chicken Thighs with Creamy Lemon Greens
- Easy BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
Greek Chicken Kebabs
- 1 pound Farmer Focus chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice about 1/2 lemon
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces or strips and place in a large bag, bowl, or shallow baking dish. Set aside.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, turmeric, paprika, black pepper and lemon juice to a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken. Move the chicken around until well coated. Marinate for minimum 30 minutes or up to 6 hours
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and weave or thread onto your skewer. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before adding the chicken!
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to a medium-high heat. Brush the grill or grill pan with oil of choice to ensure the kabobs don’t stick.
- Grill the chicken until fully cooked and no pink remains, about 10 minutes, turning the skewers at 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve with our greek salad, rice, tzatziki sauce!