Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/honey-glazed-carrots/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Honey Glazed Carrots
These Honey Glazed Carrots are perfectly cooked, in one pan to result in the most tender slightly sweet carrots. These carrots are so addictive and both kids and adults will love them. They're paleo friendly and easily made dairy-free and a great addition to a holiday feast or a special weekend dinner.
- 2 pound carrots, peeled and sliced on the bias about ¼” thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan (at least 12 inches), over medium high heat.
- Once hot, place carrots cut side down and sear for 3 minutes, until the carrots start to caramelize. Give them a good shake and let them sear again for an additional 3 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir the pan.
- Carefully add 1/2 cup water and cover pan with tight fitting lid and cook for 7 minutes over medium heat. Uncover and reduce heat the medium low and continue to cook until the water has evaporate and the carrots are cooked though. If the water has reduced before the carrots have cooked, add a tablespoon more water at a time until they have cooked through.
- Once water has reduced, add butter (or dairy free oil) and honey and stir well and continue to cook until the carrots are glazed and the honey is bubbling, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon large flaky sea salt.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.