Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/lemon-bars/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Lemon Bars
These bright and cheerful Gluten Free Lemon Bars are the perfect summertime treat! They're creamy and delicious, and best-of-all, so easy to make. Bring them along to your next pot luck or BBQ and everyone will be thanking you!
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beet sugar OR maple sugar
- Zest from 4 lemons
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees °F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust: Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Press evenly into the baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, make lemon curd: Place whole eggs and yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice and sea salt in a medium pot.
- Over low heat, whisk the lemon curd until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and take off heat. This process should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the lemon curd into a medium mixing bowl. Add in the butter and stir well until melted.
- Pour lemon curd over the crust. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Set aside, let cool completely, cover, and store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Top with powdered sugar, slice, and serve!
- This recipe was originally published in June 2015, and updated slightly in June 2019.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.