This Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe is an easy and delicious weeknight dinner that you need to add on rotation right now! It comes from my girlfriend Gina’s newest cookbook, Skinnytaste One and Done and I am so excited to share it with you today! It’s a no mess, no fuss, easy dinner that everyone will love, plus you can serve it with all of your favorite fixins’!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Most of you probably know Gina, but if you don’t, let me tell you — she is seriously one of the most talented, sweet, humble, caring, and genuine people out there. She is also a killer cook, and makes the most GORGEOUS cookbooks. This is her THIRD cookbook, and I am beaming writing this because I am truly so proud of her. It’s just one of those books that needs to be in your collection. It’s stunning, packed with incredible recipes, and absolutely has something for everyone!
Skinnytaste One and Done is organized to help you make amazing dishes without all of the mess. It includes everyday cooking equipment such as an Instant Pot®, a sheet pan, a Dutch oven, a skillet, a slow cooker, and an air fryer. This book is so well done (not surprising!), and I have so many other recipes bookmarked, like the Open Faced French Onion Burgers, Turkey Cheeseburger Soup, Weeknight Chicken Souvlaki, and so many more.
This book has 140 healthy, family-friendly recipes, 120 full-color photos, nutritional information for every recipe, and Gina’s cooking tips! PLUS, even if you don’t own all of the appliances, Gina gives alternative cooking directions using everyday cooking equipment where possible, so you won’t miss out!! She’s just the best.
These healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas are marinated to perfection, and come together in under 30 minutes. You will be the star of dinner!!!
Want other sheet pan recipes? Try these LCK favorites:
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes)
- Sheet Pan Root Vegetable and Sage Pesto Salmon
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Chorizo and Eggs Mexican Breakfast
- Sheet Pan Lemon Cod with Green Herb Sauce
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies
And make sure to grab this amazing cookbook, Skinnytaste One and Done!! Those of you that know Gina, know that she puts her heart into her work and you can absolutely trust that these recipes will be family favorites! Plus, with the holidays approaching, it will make for the PERFECT gift (for yourself and others)!!
For Chicken and Veggies
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 11⁄2-inch-thick strips
- Cooking spray (we used avocado oil)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1⁄4-inch-wide slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1⁄4-inch-wide slices
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces avocado (about 1 small avocado)
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 tortillas (We love Siete brand or local corn tortillas)
- 1⁄2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
- For the chicken and vegetables: In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the pineapple juice, lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, and 1⁄2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the marinade, making sure to evenly coat all the pieces. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Adjust an oven rack in the center and another 4 to 6 inches from the broiler and preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and place it on the prepared pan. Add the bell peppers and onion to the bowl with excess marinade, and toss well. Spread the vegetables evenly on the pan around the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake on the center rack until the chicken is almost cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the guacamole: Mash the avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add the lime juice, salt, and cilantro, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Switch the oven to high broil. Give the vegetables and chicken a good toss, move to the top rack, and broil until the vegetables are slightly charred and the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Place the tortillas directly on the top oven rack and broil until warm and slightly charred, about 1 minute, or char on an open flame on the stove top. Slice the chicken into smaller pieces and mix with the vegetables.
- To assemble, evenly distribute the chicken and vegetables among 8 tortillas. Top with the guacamole and cheese.