It is so hot here in Boston, and that’s coming from the girl who was just visiting Florida in June. Wheeeew, hot. In leu, turning on the stove the past two nights wasn’t quite in the cards. The grill was though, paired with refreshing crisp salad bursting with flavor.
Let’s see what we got: spicy and bold chicken, sweet and juicy grilled pineapple, refreshing crisp local lettuce, local tomatoes, and finally, avocado. Count me in any day of the week. Oh, and don’t forget the light and easy lime vinaigrette.
Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad
Write a review
Sriracha Lime Chicken
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- 1. Heat the grill
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper
- 3. In a bowl or marinade dish, combine sirarcha and lime
- 4. Add chicken and let marinade in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better
- 5. Once marinaded, add chicken to grill
- 6. Cut pineapple using pineapple corer and add to grill, grill for 3-4 minutes on each side
- 7. While they are grilling, chop lettuce, then chop avocado, tomato, and red onion and add to serving dish
- 8. Whisk together dressing, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired (i.e. more lime, additional sea salt, additional vinegar)- place in fridge until ready to use
- 9. Once chicken is done cooking, assemble the salad, toss with dressing and enjoy!
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/