October has me feeling all Fall! It makes me realize how much I truly love this season. The weather has been just right, and I am loving all of the Fall flavors popping up in my CSA! I purchased some amazing blanket scarfs, my boots are out and in use, and this past weekend we went apple picking! The foliage in New England is really starting to shine in only the way it can in New England! So beautiful.
Today is special. Not only am I bringing you my delicious (and easy) pumpkin soup, but my girlfriends and I have SIX total pumpkin recipes to get you through the next two months.
Can you taste that creamy goodness?
Let’s see what we have going on this month… Soup, pancakes, savory muffins, chia pudding, freezer fudge, and blondies.
Let’s get to the recipes!
Coconut Pumpkin Chia Pudding from Brittany of Eating Bird Food
Pumpkin, coconut milk and chia seeds are combined and topped with toasted coconut flakes and an almond butter drizzle to make a thick and creamy chia pudding that’s paleo-friendly, vegan and great for breakfast or as a snack.
Pumpkin Blondies from Taylor of Food Faith Fitness
These pumpkin blondies are so dense, and sweet that you’d never know they’re a healthier treat for only 105 calories! They’re paleo and vegan friendly too!
Pumpkin Pancakes from Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
Get festive with your breakfast and make these delicious Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes that are grain-free, packed with pumpkin, and paleo-friendly!
Toasted Pine Nut Herb Muffins from Gina of Running to the Kitchen
Paleo toasted pine nut herb pumpkin muffins are a savory side perfect for serving with your fall soup, stew or chili. Maybe even replace the Thanksgiving biscuits this year with a basket of these!
Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge from Davida of The Healthy Maven
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge made with just 5-Ingredients! Free of refined sugar, dairy and gluten, this healthy dessert recipe will make you fall in love with fall.
And now, my Easy Pumpkin Soup!
This is the perfect Fall soup for all of you pumpkin lovers! Delicious, flavorful, and packed with nutrients. Creamy pumpkin topped with a drizzle of chili garlic oil and roasted pumpkin seeds.
You’ll enjoy this soup all season long!
Easy Pumpkin Soup
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 1 small pumpkin (2 1/2 cups), cubed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Chili Garlic Oil
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 2 red chilis, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Follow these directions to roast pumpkin and pumpkin seeds
- In your dutch oven heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes
- Add in cubed pumpkin and mix
- Add in chicken stock just covering the pumpkin, spices, and maple syrup
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 7-10 minutes until pumpkin is soft
- Transfer to your high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust spices as desired (i.e. more salt, pepper)
- In a small pot, heat oil with garlic and chilis
- Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
- Strain and set aside
- Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds and optional garlic chili oil
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/