Easy Pumpkin Soup
This Easy Pumpkin Soup is creamy, flavorful, smooth, and garnished just right with Chili Garlic Oil and roasted pumpkin seeds! It’s perfect for the fall season, and for any holiday gathering! This soup comes together quickly and is paleo-friendly!
Healthy Pumpkin Soup
October has me feeling all Fall! It makes me realize how much I truly love this season. The weather has been just right, and I am loving all of the Fall flavors popping up in my CSA! I purchased some amazing blanket scarfs, my boots are out and in use, and this past weekend we went apple picking! The foliage in New England is really starting to shine in only the way it can in New England! So beautiful.
Can you taste that creamy goodness? OH. YEAH.
This is the perfect Fall soup for all of you pumpkin lovers! Delicious, flavorful, and packed with nutrients. Creamy pumpkin topped with a drizzle of chili garlic oil and roasted pumpkin seeds. You’ll enjoy this soup all season long!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Creamy Pumpkin Casserole
- Pumpkin Smash Cocktail
- Sea Salt Pumpkin Butter Cups
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
Looking for more soup recipes?
Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 1 small pumpkin (2 1/2 cups), cubed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 2 red chilis, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Chili Garlic Oil
- Follow these directions to roast pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- In your dutch oven heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add in cubed pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Add in chicken stock just covering the pumpkin, spices, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
- Transfer to your high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired (i.e. more salt, pepper).
- In a small pot, heat oil with garlic and chilis. Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Strain and set aside.
- Garnish soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and optional garlic chili oil!
October 14, 2015
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!